Just waiting for my hair to dry.

 So, I let the "Daily Links" thing fall to the wayside. To be fair, I haven't really come across any interesting links the last couple of days. I am going to post this link, mainly because it'll come in useful tomorrow when I get around to writing the COVID-19 update for Work. This one, too. These two will be for the WordPress site if I get around to doing the News tomorrow.
 
 "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit."
 
 That's attributed to W.C. Fields, but apparently there's no evidence he did or, indeed, who did. I like it, though. It's a good rule of thumb to live by, especially in this world. One thing W.C. Fields did say "You can't cheat an honest man", and this dictum works with the previous. I'm not intentionally, actively trying to cheat anyone, but don't have any sympathy for what happens to anyone who tries.

 No, I'm not going to tell how or where or what or why. I'm neither all that brilliant nor all that crafty, so it does me no good to give anyone an in. That's part of the deal.

 Man, this got a lot of hits. Long story short, I posted a link to a little bit of News I wrote on the Pentagon recently releasing some footage of what they term "unidentified aerial phenomenon" but what you and I call UFO's as an answer to someone else's tweet. I wouldn't make a deal out of it, but it's the most hits the WordPress site has gotten in one day. I didn't get any comments, positive or negative. I did get six likes and a retweet for the tweet and no one told me to screw off (I think), so I'm considering that a net win. It's the little things in life, you know.

 I think I'm going to play XCOM now, or one of them, anyway. I'll have plenty of work to do tomorrow, so I might as well kill aliens while I have the spare time. Yeah, that's the deal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening a New House

Today's Links: Wednesday, April 29